Want to learn how to make your own pressure washer detergent? You’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’re going to explain how to make a DIY pressure washer detergent.
Pressure washers are an effective, efficient cleaning tool on their own. However, you will encounter instances in your line of work where a pressure washer on its own is not enough. For certain stains/messes, you’ll need to leverage the help of a pressure washer detergent. These can boost your pressure washers’ cleaning capabilities, cutting through grease, grime, and muck with ease.
But, maybe you’re feeling like saving some money and boosting profits by crafting your own DIY pressure washer detergent. It’s not as difficult as it sounds, and as you’ll soon discover, you can create specialized detergents depending on the type of mess you’re cleaning.
However, we ultimately recommend you simply invest in your business by purchasing a quality pressure washer detergent at Hotsy. Our formulas are far more advanced than anything else in contention – and can supercharge your cleaning process. Nothing cleans like a Hotsy pressure washer – expect a Hotsy pressure washer paired with our specialized soap formulas! We’ll explain what makes our soaps so special later on. First, let’s answer the question on your mind right now: can you really learn how to make your own pressure washer detergent?
Can You Really Learn How To Make Your Own Pressure Washer Detergent?
The answer is yes! You can definitely learn how to make your own pressure washer detergent. In fact, it’s not as difficult as you might think. There are a few different ways to go about it, and we’ll share some recipes with you shortly.
Before we do that though, it’s important to understand the pros and cons of making your own pressure washer soap. That way, you can decide for yourself whether or not this is the right path for your business.
Advantages Of Making Your Own Pressure Washer Soap
First, let’s explore some advantages of making your own pressure washer soap:
- You can save money by making your own detergent
- You can customize your detergent to better suit your needs
- It can be satisfying to make something yourself!
Drawbacks To Making Your Own Pressure Washer Soap
Now, let’s look at the drawbacks to trying to make your own pressure washer soap:
- You won’t be able to match the cleaning power of a quality commercial pressure washer detergent like Hotsy
- It can be time-consuming to make your own soap
- You’ll need to experiment with different recipes to find the one that works best for you
- You may not be able to create a soap that’s specifically designed for your pressure washer
So – Should I Learn How To Make Pressure Washer Detergent Or Buy Pre-Formulated Batches?
As you can see, there are some definite advantages and disadvantages to making your own pressure washer soap. It ultimately comes down to what’s best for your business.
For most businesses, however, we recommend you save yourself the time and hassle and buy pre-formulated batches of pressure washer soap. Trying to make your own is a waste of time – especially when you consider the fact that someone else has already perfected the formula for you. Your time is better spent cleaning – not mixing concoctions in a lab trying to find the perfect formulation!
If you decide that creating your own pressure washer detergent is the way to go, then read on for some recipes. Otherwise, skip ahead to learn more about what makes Hotsy pressure washer detergent so special. You won’t regret sticking with our soaps!
How To Make Your Own Pressure Washer Detergent (DIY Recipes)
Now that you understand the pros and cons of making your own pressure washer soap, we’ll share some recipes with you. These are all fairly simple to make and only require a few household ingredients.
Keep in mind that these recipes likely won’t match the cleaning power of a quality commercial pressure washer detergent like Hotsy. However, they will still be effective at cutting through grease, grime, and muck.
Here are three different recipes for DIY pressure washer detergent:
- All-Purpose Pressure Washer Soap Recipe
- Stainless Steel Pressure Washer Soap Recipe
- Concrete Pressure Washer Soap Recipe
Really, there is an endless list of DIY pressure washer detergent recipes you can make. The best advice we can offer is to find a recipe that aligns with your specific situation. Are you cleaning road grime off a fleet of commercial vehicles? You’ll want something that is safe on metal but hard on the muck. Are you cleaning glass? You’ll want something that restores shine and doesn’t leave a film behind. However, these three recipes will encompass most of your cleaning needs. Let’s start with the all-purpose pressure washer soap recipe.
All-Purpose Pressure Washer Soap Recipe
-One gallon of water
-One cup of dish soap
-One cup of bleach
Simply mix all the ingredients together in a large bucket and you’re done! This recipe is great for general cleaning, but shouldn’t be used on delicate surfaces like stainless steel or concrete.
Stainless Steel Pressure Washer Soap Recipe
-One gallon of water
-One cup of white vinegar
This one is even simpler than the last! Just mix the water and vinegar together in a bucket and you’re good to go. This soap is safe to use on stainless steel, but isn’t as effective as the all-purpose recipe for general cleaning.
Concrete Pressure Washer Soap Recipe
-One gallon of water
-One cup of dish soap
Again, simply mix the ingredients together in a large bucket. This recipe is safe to use on concrete, but not as strong as the all-purpose recipe. If you’re having trouble removing tough stains, you may need to try a different detergent.
As you can see, making your own pressure washer soap is fairly simple! Just mix together some common household ingredients and you’re good to go. However, there are some definite drawbacks to consider before you make the switch from commercial pressure washer detergent. In the next section, we’ll talk about what makes Hotsy pressure washer detergent so special.
Why Buy Pressure Washer Detergent From Hotsy Instead Of Making Your Own?
Now that you know how to make your own pressure washer soap, you may be wondering why you would ever buy it from Hotsy. After all, making your own soap is much cheaper – right? Not necessarily. When you factor in the cost of ingredients, time spent making soap, and lack of cleaning power, buying Hotsy pressure washer detergent starts to look like a pretty good deal!
Here are just a few reasons why buying Hotsy pressure washer detergent is a better choice than making your own:
- You’ll save time. Making your own pressure washer soap takes time – time that you could be using to clean!
- You’ll get more cleaning power. Commercial pressure washer detergent is designed specifically for pressure washers. This means that it will clean better, faster, and easier than any DIY recipe.
- It’s safe for all surfaces. Pressure washers are powerful tools that can damage delicate surfaces like glass or stainless steel if you’re not careful. Hotsy pressure washer detergent is specially formulated to be safe on all surfaces, so you don’t have to worry about damaging your equipment.
- You can easily find a specialized formula for your unique cleaning goals. We have a roster of over 6 different detergents – each boasting a specialized use case. For example – we have a formula for use on crude oil or caked-on wheel grease. We also have one for cars, trucks, busses, RVs, and other forms of transportation in particular.
- You’ll get a warranty. When you buy Hotsy pressure washer detergent, you’re backed by a company with over 35 years of experience in the pressure washing industry. We’re so confident in our products that we offer a money-back satisfaction guarantee!
As you can see, there are plenty of good reasons to buy Hotsy pressure washer detergent instead of making your own. Not only will you save time and effort, but you’ll also get better cleaning results. So why take the risk? Buy Hotsy pressure washer detergent and rest assured that your equipment is being cleaned with the best possible product. Visit our website today to learn more!
Tips For Using Detergent With Your Pressure Washer
Whether you go with a DIY pressure washer detergent recipe or you follow our advice and invest in the best, we want to provide you with some tips for using detergent in your pressure washer. These tips will help you get the most out of your time, working smarter and safer. For a full, detailed guide on how to use soap in a pressure washer, read our related blog post!
- Pick the right pressure washer nozzle for soap. We have a complete guide that will help you accomplish this.
- Remember to always test your detergent on a small, inconspicuous area before using it on your entire project. This will help you avoid any unexpected damage or staining.
- When applying soap with a pressure washer, start from the bottom and work your way up. This will prevent streaking and ensure that all areas are evenly covered.
- Don’t forget to rinse the area after applying detergent! Pressure washing soap is designed to break down dirt and grime – but if it’s not rinsed away, it can actually attract more dirt and make the problem worse. Rinse with clean water as soon as you’re done applying detergent.
- Carefully consider what kind of soap to use for pressure washers. Different cleaning jobs require different formulas – another reason to stick with the specialized formulas we offer on our site.
Final Thoughts On How To Make Pressure Washer Detergent DIY
Now that we’ve talked about how to make your own pressure washer detergent, as well as the benefits of buying Hotsy pressure washer detergent, you should have all the information you need to make an informed decision. If you’re still not sure which option is right for you, we recommend giving our team a call. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you find the perfect solution for your needs. Contact us today to get started!
Not only do we have the specialized detergents you need to make quick work of intense cleaning jobs. But, we also have the besy commercial pressure washers in San Antonio that you need to get the job done. Commercial hot water pressure washers, cold water pressure washers, and even commercial pressure washer trailers – we’ve got all your cleaning needs covered.
Have any other questions about making your own pressure washer soap? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to answer them! And don’t forget to check out our website for more helpful tips on choosing the right pressure washing equipment and detergent for your business. Thanks for reading!